Kindly Share This Story:Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury have a ’50-50′ chance of their much-anticipated world heavyweight unification fight taking place this year, according to Barry Hearn – chairman of Joshua’s promoters Matchroom Boxing.
Boxing, like most of the sport, is currently suspended indefinitely, with Joshua’s bout against Kubrat Pulev and fellow Brit Fury’s trilogy fight against Deontay Wilder both on hold.
ALSO READ: Premier League plans free to air broadcast when season resumes
The plan was – once both those fights were done and assuming both Joshua and Fury retained their belts – for a Battle of Britain unification bout to take place at … >>> Read Full Story
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has advised pregnant and breastfeeding women to take routine preventive actions to avoid the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.
Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu, Director General of NCDC, gave the advice in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Abuja.
Ihekweazu said that the preventive measures were recommended in alignment with the Department of Family Health, Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH).
He listed the measures to include diligent hand-washing, avoiding close contact with people exhibiting symptoms of infection and covering sneezes and coughs.
He said that it was not currently known if pregnant women were more … >>> Read Full Story
A group of scientists at the University of Albany School of Public Health in the United States is testing the effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine on COVID-19 patients.
The group divides 1,600 COVID-19 patients into four groups: One, those taking Hydroxychloroquine; two, those taking just chloroquine and other related drugs; three, those taking Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, an antibiotic; and four, those taking none of the above drugs.
The group’s preliminary reports show that there is no enough evidence yet to recommend Hydroxychloquine.
A similar study by a group of French scientists found no significant improvement in COVID-19 patients who took the drug.
If anything many of … >>> Read Full Story
Kindly Share This Story:
Fans are unlikely to be able to return to football stadiums until next year at the earliest due to the continued threat of the novel coronavirus, according to Jaume Roures, the head of Spanish media company Mediapro which broadcasts La Liga.
Roures, whose company also manages the international broadcasting rights for the Spanish top flight and broadcasts the Champions League, also predicts the end of colossal transfer fees for players due to the pandemic.
ALSO READ: All LaLiga players must pass a coronavirus test on Tuesday
“It’ll be at least a year before there’s a vaccine and we can’t put anyone … >>> Read Full Story
Nadine Goncalves, the mother to Paris Saint-Germain forward, Neymar, has reportedly broken up with her 22-year-old lover, Tiago Ramos, after finding out he dated some men as reported by The Sun UK on Friday.
Nadine sent Ramos packing after finding out he had dated a string of men, including Neymar’s chef, Mauro and Brazilian actor and stand-up comic, Carlinhos Maia, before they met.
The 52-year-old had earlier this month professed her love for Ramos when she shared a picture to her 1.6million Instagram followers.
Her son, Neymar, had shown his support to her and Ramos after she posted a picture of them together to her … >>> Read Full Story
Industries in Hubei China reopen
Over 98 percent of major industrial firms in central China’s Hubei province have resumed work after months-long shutdown.
The production resumption rate of major industrial firms in central China’s Hubei Province, once hit hard by the COVID-19 epidemic, has reached 98.2 percent as of April 17, local authorities said.
According to the provincial COVID-19 epidemic prevention and control headquarters on Thursday, the rate of employees returning to their posts in the province’s major industrial firms hit 93 percent.
It is clear that whilst other countries and regions struggle with the COVID-19 pandemic, Hubei has since moved on.
For the micro-, … >>> Read Full Story
Kindly Share This Story:
Football is re-awakening amid the COVID-19 pandemic but the sense of hope at teams which have started training is mixed with worry over whether it might be too soon and the uncertainty of how to keep players safe.
On hold since mid-March, many European leagues are hoping to start up again in the next two or three months, without spectators, and training has begun in Germany and Austria.
Yet re-starting remains fraught with difficulties.
“There is a huge logistical and medical/scientific question about testing and protocols but also a social one,” said Jonas Baer-Hoffmann, secretary general of the global players’ union … >>> Read Full Story